The Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program is regarded as three loan forgiveness programs accessible to Texas instructors. If you should be maybe not qualified to receive the federal system, please review the Teach for Texas Loan Repayment Assistance as well as the Public provider Loan Forgiveness Program.
It is possible to contact your loan servicer for more information. That loan servicer is a business that handles the payment along with other solutions on your student that is federal loan.
Advice on Looking the TCLI Directory
To be eligible for a addition into the TCLI Directory, a campus needs to be based in a region that is entitled to get Title I funds and also the campus enrollment of economically disadvantaged pupils must certanly be more than 30%. Record is updated yearly, so campus eligibility can alter from to 12 months year.
Before looking, make certain you are going into the title associated with campus since it appears when you look at the TEA ASK Ted region and college locator.
Whenever looking the TCLI directory use simply the part that is first of title, for instance, if the college is named Highland Park Elementary you’ll search the directory under “Highland”.
Whenever searching by location leave the title regarding the school blank and go into the title associated with county.
Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Process
Follow these steps to accomplish the Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness procedure:
- See the eligibility requirements when it comes to Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program.
- If you’re eligible fill in the application form available on Federal Student help internet site .
- Have actually the main officer that is administrative the job. The principle administrative officer is the present superintendent, principal, assistant principal, hr workers or manager, or any other equivalent during the region you may be or had been used by.
- Print your college title just as it seems when you look at the directory in TCLI directory.
Mail the application into the entity repaying your loan, or guarantor. Print photocopies on your own. Keep carefully the date and target of whenever and where you mailed the job.
Information on Guarantors
To locate your guarantor, do one of several following:
- Phone your loan provider.
- Look up your details utilizing the National scholar Loan information System. A Federal Scholar Help ID is needed. You’ll obtain or retrieve your ID in the Federal scholar web site.
Your guarantor makes a dedication of the eligibility within 45 times of receipt of this application.
You receive notification of this approval and your loan holder receives payment (for the forgiveness amount you qualify for) if you qualify for loan forgiveness,.
Should you not be eligible for loan forgiveness, your guarantor notifies you regarding the denial with a conclusion of why you failed to qualify.